Amputee Prosthetic Clinic
There is no condition information for this clinic
In the Amputee Prosthetic Clinic, we provide multi-disciplinary input for clients requiring an amputation or management of people with lower limb and upper limb amputations.
North South North West Statewide
We aim to assist people who have had amputations to improve their quality of life. Rehabilitation post amputation is important to minimise disability, and improve function and independence. It is important to have regular review in the Amputee Prosthetic Clinic because care following an amputation is ongoing and lifelong.
- Clients considering having an amputation
- Clients who have recently had an amputation
- Clients with prosthetic comfort and usage issues that have not been able to have these issues resolved by the prosthetists
- Clients with an amputation who require an interdisciplinary approach to progress their rehabilitation
- Clients who may have had an amputation some years earlier but who are experiencing barriers to work related or recreational activities who would be assisted by interdisciplinary team involvement
- Clients with an amputation who may require a significant change in prosthetic prescription, due to a change in health or funding status
- Clients with an amputation requiring diagnostic and medical advice, as well as an interdisciplinary team involvement
The Clinicians involved in the clinic include:
- Rehabilitation Physicians
- We have access to other Allied Health staff through the Community Rehabilitation Unit if this is required.
We work closely with the Orthotic Prosthetic Services Tasmania (OPST). The clinic is held monthly at:
A referral is required for all new appointments and can be faxed directly to the clinic on (03) 6173 0325
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
Phone: (03) 6222 8308 Fax: (03) 6222 8919
Urgent / category 1
We will endeavour to see these patients within 4 weeks.
Semi-urgent / category 2
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks.
Routine / category 3
Next available appointment.
For use by health professionals only
Please click the following links to access useful information about management of amputees: