North South North West Statewide
Consider referral for patients with:
- Premature menopause
- Surgical menopause – refer prior to surgery if possible
- Menopausal problems with complex medical or surgical problems
- Menopausal symptoms resistant to reasonable trial of therapy
All referrals should comply with referral standards and include in particular:
- Patient's age (under 45 is considered premature)
- Medical and surgical history
- Menstrual and sexual history
- Two FSH/E2 levels at least one month apart if spontaneous menopause
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Gynaecology clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED – Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED - Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Urgent referrals should be accompanied by a phone call to the Consultant/Registrar to organise urgent review and the referral must be faxed.
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
Will be seen in turn.