North South North West Statewide
Refer if fails to respond to treatment for the following:
- Tennis/golfer's elbow
- Elbow painful/stiff/locking
- Loose bodies
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- Duration of condition
- Conservative management undertaken
- Previous surgery on area
- Consider FBE, ESR & CRP if suggestion of inflammation
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Orthopaedic Surgery clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
- Bands for tennis/golfer's elbow
- Consider referral to Rheumatology if +ve inflammatory markers
- Cortisone injection if appropriate
- Direct link to Health Pathways Elbow and Forearm folder
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Urgent / category 1
Fractures that have been treated with initial management in ED or General Practice
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED – Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Next available appointment