Cystic Fibrosis (Paediatric)
North South North West Statewide
This is a state-wide multi-disciplinary service. The aims are:
- To provide coordinated and consistent specialised proactive management for individuals with CF
- To promote self-management, education and preventative care
- To facilitate a smooth transfer from paediatric to adult care services
- To optimise the wellbeing and quality of life for individuals impacted by CF
- To minimise avoidable hospital admissions and acute hospital procedures
All referrals should comply with the Referral Standards and specifically include:
- Reason for referral
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Paediatrics clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
Consider contacting paediatrician for advice.
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED - Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6348 7382
MCH ED - Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED - Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED - Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Urgent referrals should be accompanied by a phone call to the Consultant/Registrar to organise urgent review and the referral must be faxed.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 4 weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
For any urgent sexual abuse/assault concerns please phone RHH switchboard and ask Paediatric Sexual Assault Consultant or Registrar on call for advice.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Next available appointment