Assessment and management of burns patients. This is a statewide service for both adult and paediatric patients.
North South North West Statewide
See Criteria for specialised burns treatment.
See Referral and Transfer Flow Chart for management.
Provides telephone advice for clinicians about minor burns.
- Please leave a message on the answering machine if you require further advice. The patient will be contacted the next business day and provided with a date and a time.
- Please provide the patient with our contact details
- If a child requires additional mild or moderate sedation for the review please contact the Burns Outpatient Unit and leave a message on the answering service
- Remind the patient to take prescribed analgesia 30 minutes prior to appointment
- Check tetanus immunisation
A referral is required using the Burns Clinic Referral Form and must be faxed to clinic on (03) 6234 9636.
Referral should conform to the Referral Standards as outlined on the For Clinicians page.
Referrals are triaged according to the specific clinic guidelines. Emergency patients should be sent directly to the Emergency Department.
Clinic Appointments - Appointments are based on clinical priority:
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED).
LGH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED* – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED* – Phone: (03) 6493 6351 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Advice for medical practitioners can be given by the Medical Officer In Charge (MOIC) - see HealthPathways Tasmania for contact information.
*MCH and NWRH MOICs request GPs call them prior to referring a patient to ensure the patient is being sent appropriately to a safe destination.
Urgent / category 1
Urgent referrals should be faxed to 03 6234 9636. For advice during Business Hours contact the Burns Outpatient Clinic RHH, Ph: 6166 0098. After hours advise can be provided through the Burns Unit K9 East, Ph: 6166 8566.
We will endeavour to see these patients within one week, or sooner if clinically indicated.
Semi-urgent / category 2
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Routine / category 3
Next available appointment
For more information: Tasmanian Burns Service.
Direct link to Health Pathways burns injury page.