Sexual Health Service Tasmania
For the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections (STIs), sexual functioning, and conditions impacting upon sexuality. Diagnosis and management of HIV and Hepatitis C. The service includes a multidisciplinary transgender service incorporating gender affirming medical care.
North South North West Statewide
The Sexual Health Service provides people with the opportunity to enhance their sexual health and wellbeing, and is staffed by doctors, nurses, psychologists and administrative staff.
Our services relate to:
- sexual health checks
- STIs diagnosis and treatment
- HIV care
- Hepatitis C management and treatment
- care of gender questioning and gender diverse people
- management of vulval discomfort and pain
- brief psychological assessment and treatment
- genital dermatology
- counselling and information around sexuality, sexual function and safe sex
- low-cost vaccinations for Hepatitis B
- safer sex supplies can be purchased
- provides expert advice to clinicians on the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of sexually transmissible infections (STIs), sexual functioning, and conditions impacting upon sexuality and gender.
We are committed to ensuring people are well informed and we offer assistance with many aspects of gender enquiry and transition. We can also refer to other support services if required.
We provide information in writing, over the telephone and in person.
Clients who self-refer can make an appointment by calling one of the clinics.
Referrals are not essential, however referral for complex issues is desirable. Please fax to the appropriate clinic. A current list of medications and relevant past history and recent care is helpful including any mental health comorbidities.
A number of appointments may be required and linkage with a GP is recommended.
At the time of consultation, test requirements will be identified.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED).
LGH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED* – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED* – Phone: (03) 6493 6351 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED Reception – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
Advice for medical practitioners can be given by the Medical Officer In Charge (MOIC) - see HealthPathways Tasmania for contact information.
*MCH and NWRH MOICs request GPs call them prior to referring a patient to ensure the patient is being sent appropriately to a safe destination.
Routine / category 3
Next available appointment
For use by health professionals only