North South North West Statewide
Please refer women with known or suspected Vaginal Cancer.
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- Current symptoms (if relevant) and clinical findings
- Current pap smear results and previous pap smear results
- Biopsy result if this has been taken. The clinic has facilities to carry this out on an outpatient basis
- Consider CT abdomen/pelvis and CXR if obvious frank malignancy on speculum examination
- Biopsy (if performed)
- CT scan of abdomen/pelvis
- CXR for obvious frank malignancy on speculum examination
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Gynaecologic Oncology clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Urgent / category 1
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED – Phone: (03) 6777 8302 Fax: (03) 6777 5201
MCH ED – Phone: 0409 867 492 Fax: (03) 6441 5923
NWRH ED – Phone: 0459 848 725 Fax: (03) 6464 1926
RHH ED - Phone: (03) 6166 6101 Fax: (03) 6173 0489
We will endeavour to see urgent referrals for women with a suspected or proven gynaecologic malignancy within one to two weeks. If you have any trouble obtaining an urgent appointment please contact our secretary on (03) 6166 8049.
Women will be given an appointment between one to eight weeks depending upon reason for referral