Obesity Surgery (Bariatric Surgery/Lap Banding)
North South North West Statewide
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- Co-morbidities if present such as hypertension, hyperlipidaemia, diabetes including their current treatment
- History of weight gain and loss
- Mental state and past psychiatric conditions
- Waist circumference, BMI, and blood pressure
- Include test results with referral
- U&E Cr and eGFr
- Lipid profile
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Obesity Surgery clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
Encourage patients to continue to look at other means of weight loss and health maintenance as this is a lengthy process.
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Routine / category 3
All referrals for consideration for obesity surgery
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Next available appointment.