North South North West Statewide
Known developmental concerns
- Risk factors for congenital deformity
- Developmental milestone
- Family history of "normal variant", e.g. bowed legs, intoed gait
All referrals should comply to referral standards and include in particular:
- Duration of condition
- Conservative management undertaken
- Functional concerns
- USS for hip dysplasia
- Weight bearing AP X-ray of lower limbs if concern regarding gait abnormality
To refer a patient with this condition, please see the Orthopaedic Surgery clinic page for the full referral process and templates.
- Parental education regarding possible normal variants
- Direct link to Health Pathways Paediatric Orthopaedics folder
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.
Urgent / category 1
Red flags are clinical indicators of possible serious underlying conditions requiring further medical intervention. They may or may not indicate an emergency.
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6348 7382
MCH ED – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6426 5115
NWRH ED – Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6430 6691
RHH ED – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6222 8919
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Next available appointment