Rehabilitation Clinic (Paediatric)
There is no condition information for this clinic
Diagnosis, assessment and rehabilitation management planning and follow-up of children with disabilities and loss of function due to injury or disease.
North South North West Statewide
Multidisciplinary approach to the care and management of children with disabilities and loss of function due to injury or disease.
- To optimisation of function and independence
- To maximise participation and quality of life
- Surveillance for predictable and preventable complications of medical conditions such as hip subluxation/dislocation or scoliosis in cerebral palsy
- Early identification of patients requiring referral for orthopaedic intervention
Conditions commonly managed/treated:
- Cerebral palsy
- Acquired brain injury (Traumatic and non traumatic (eg caused by infection, hypoxia)
- Complex movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders, muscular dystrophies and myopathies, ataxias and neuropathies
- Spina bifida and spinal cord injury and disease
- Connective tissue disorders and bone dysplasias
- Assessment and management of abnormal gait patterns - including idiopathic toe-walking
- Assessment and management of hypertonia and hypotonia
This Clinic does not offer an emergency service.
A referral (preferably faxed) is required for all new appointments and must conform to the Referral Standards as outlined on For Clinicians.
All southern referrals should be directed to:
RHH Paediatric Clinics
GPO Box 1061
Hobart Tas 7001
Phone: (03) 6166 6776
Fax: (03) 6222 6752
Clinic Appointments – Appointments are based on clinical priority:
Proceed to Emergency Department (ED). Please contact ED Medical Officer in Charge:
LGH ED – Phone: (03) 6777 6405 Fax: (03) 6348 7382
MCH ED – Phone: (03) 6478 5120 Fax: (03) 6426 5115
NWRH ED – Phone: (03) 6493 6340 Fax: (03) 6430 6691
RHH ED – Phone: (03) 6166 6100 Fax: (03) 6222 8919
Urgent / category 1
Urgent referrals should be accompanied by a phone call to the Consultant/Registrar to organise urgent review and the referral must be faxed.
We will endeavour to see these patients within four weeks, or sooner if clinically indicated.
Semi-urgent / category 2
We will endeavour to see these patients within 12 weeks
Routine / category 3
Next available appointment
For use by health professionals only
For more information please see the Tasmanian Health Pathways website.